Friday, June 5, 2015

Port a cath in

Today the portacath was implanted into my cheast.  This is in addition to the port that I already had.  The catheter will allow greater volume and larger cells.  I need this for the apheresis which will start on Monday or Tuesday depending on how my body produces stem cells.
First neupogen shot today to increase stem cell production .  As Eric says " a fine day to start stem cell mobilization"
Today has been a long day, left home at 6 am for an 8 am appointment at VCU, had appointments at 8, 9, and 10.  With the 10 am being the catheter.  We waited for almost 4 hours before the procedure started!  Finally left the hospital around 3:30.
tonight we are staying in Richmond and meeting Dan (my youngest child) for dinner at 7. Back home Saturday night, then return to Richmond Sunday or Monday for the duration.

No comments:

Post a Comment