Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tuesday- Final Consultation

Down at VCU for the final consultation prior to the SCT.  All the tests came back fine, with only one exception, I have a Rhinovirus (common cold) this will prevent me from starting my Chemotherapy but not prevent me from starting the process.  The Cold should be cleared up by the time chemotherapy starts.

So here is the time line:

Friday I get the larger port installed

Saturday, Sunday and Monday I get Neupogen (increase stem cell production) shots.

Monday they test the amount of Stem cells, and if enough, began the harvesting process.  If not, I will recieve a shot called Mozibil to help my body release stem cells.  This process will continue till enough stem cells have been harvested.

Then onto Chemotherapy.


2 comments:

  1. I assume at some point, maybe when the chemo is done, you will get your stem cells back? How long does the overall process take? Will you stay at home during the chemo or at VCU? I'll bet you are really pumped now. I'm so glad it is beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhinovirus? Really. When did you go to the zoo? At first I thought you meant you had Rhinoplasty ... but that's just a fancy name for a nose job, right? Please don't let them put the port in your nose. Not attractive. :)

    Will be thinking of you on Friday! Build up them stem cells!!

    ReplyDelete