Friday, July 3, 2015

Day +10

Had a very uneventful day yesterday till about 6 pm.  My normal temperature is in the 97's so   Around 6 pm I started to Get a fever with my temperature hitting 100.3 around 3-4 am.
now the protocol for fever in the BMT clinic is they do nothing but monitor you, untill it gets above 100.5 at which point they will start to give you antibiotics and run lab cultures to see what's going on.  
Another possibility was that the fever could be caused by the engraphment (stem cells doing their thing!) process, and is actually a good sign that things are moving along in the correct direction.  This is what I'm going with, my temperature has been slowly receding since it topped out at 100.3.
Of course last night they came in every hour to take my temperature.....a hospital is no place to get any rest.  Unless you sleep all day, then no one bothers you!
I woke up this morning to find that Tracey and Ed Deegan had come down for visit, it was great to see them.  They got here at 8 am! Must have left Manassas at 5 am.  Thanks for the effort!
Joseph is on his way down for a visit this afternoon, looking forward to seeing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment