Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day +20

Things are going very well, last 2 days in the clinic have been fluids only, all my labs are either in the normal range or above the minimums for replacement.  My WBC are actually higher then the day I checked in to the hospital! Super stem cells indeed!!
So because my numbers are so good, I've  started negotiating for a weekend at home, it's up to the numbers and the doctor however. I of course, do whatever they say. 
I have had some kind of allergic reaction, which started Sunday, from head to toe.  finally got some prednisone in me yesterday and feel much better.  They are not sure if it was caused by a drug or food reaction, sometimes the body does this in response to the new growth of cells, and in my case because I was an auto transplant, it's rarer by does happen.
The last 2 days I have felt great, my energy level is rising, my appetite has returned (I have lost about 15 pounds over the last 4 weeks) my thirst is starting to come back, and my attitude remains positive.  Today is actually 4 weeks in Richmond, 3 inpatient and one outpatient, I'm hoping for a max of another 2 weeks more then home.    
Dan came today for a visit, Lauren come yesterday, but only had a few hours and I missed her cause I was in the clinic.  Seth is hanging around and is being quite helpful, but he will be heading home tomorrow night or thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment