Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Day +8

July 1
Last night turned into a fun night, the afternoon labs showed that my platelets dropped by 60% and my hemoglobin fell by 40%.  Just as they have predicted they would!  So starting around 9 pm I received a blood transfusion, platelets, 4 bags of potassium, 2 bags of calcium, and my Neupogen.  
All this took until about 1 am, so not much sleep was had till after 1:30,  and then of course back up at 4am for vitals.  Slept in till about 8 am, but need more.  An afternoon nap is on my list for today.
As much as this isn't fun, it means that things are continuing to move along in the right direction, in the appropriate time frame.
They asked me yesterday if my hair has started to fall out, and to be honest it's tough to tell sometimes, but this morning in the shower it was quite evident, my facial hair was coming out in clumps!  The little bit on top is holding strong right now.
Still on the Mucositis diet, and the novelty has pretty much worn off, I'm glad the my stomach doesn't hurt any more, but I sure wouldn't mind some other food.

No comments:

Post a Comment