Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day + 15

Sitting here in the outpatient clinic for the second day, it is very low key.  There are 8 chairs, really more like super recliners.  You come in and they check your vitals, run your labs, then start you on fluids right away.  One of the hardest things for me so far is drinking.  For some reason it's hard to maintain my fluid intake, even water tastes bad.  I'm required to keep track of my fluid intake daily and is pitiful.  I'm glad that they can help me by giving me fluids via IV.
So far all I have received in the clinic is potassium, calcium, and magnesium.  There are two different types of transplants, allo and auto.  Allo uses a donor and auto uses your own stem cells.  The allo's need a lot more care, so they come in early, the auto need less care so we come in in the afternoon.  Yesterday I was here for about 3 hours, and unless I need some blood products, today should be the same.
Had a visit from Jim Martin last night, direct from Florida! He is on his way to Maine.  Came up on the auto train, and came down to see me with Warren.  Hope I get to see him on his way back to Florida.  
Another walk outside this morning, there are two office buildings next to the hotel, and a walk around the perimeter of all the parking lots is about one mile.  Very humid, but I really like being outside! Hoping to start walking in the evenings soon also.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment